In India, a « dhal » is a meal made with legumes. A lot of different recipes exist. Today, it is a spicy version with red curry and sweet potatoes. A hearty budget meal, simple but ooooh so tasty!
Ready to cook this comforting veggie one-pot recipe? You can’t go wrong with this delicious meal. Let’s go!
- 150 g of red lentils
- 300 g of sweet potatoes
- 250 ml of coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon of curry
- Freshly grated ginger (2cm)
- Coconut oil (to cook)
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- Cut the sweet potatoes into small pieces and grate the fresh ginger.
- In a pan, cook the garlic with the sweet potatoes in the hot coconut oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the lentils, spices and the grated ginger. Add a cup of fresh water.
- Cook it during 10 minutes medium heat.
- Add the coconut milk and cook it low heat until creamy.
- Serve on a beautiful plate and finally add the freshly grated coriander on the top!